Learning French is easy with theses free online French courses and interactive lessons. Find the best courses or lessons that can be fit with your level. We’ve made a list of resources that will help you to find a very good start of learning French. The list includes online courses, class lectures and high-quality audio-video lessons. Most of the resources are completely free, while some of them have a paid service. Hope you will find these resources perfect for getting started with French.
Learning French with Free Online Courses
Taking an online French language course is one of the most effective ways of learning French. Start learning French with theses online courses that can be perfect for you. While some courses are paid, many of them are free of charge. You can visit our complete collection of Free Language Courses to learn more languages.
- French Learning Objects – An open courseware from University of Cambridge Language Centre. The objects are independent French learning resources you can use either as part of a course or for self study.
- Elementary French I – A 15 weeks long French learning course from Carnegie Mellon University. The course is media-rich and interactive that covers introductions, activities, family, home, restaurants and more.
- Elementary French II – Another 15 weeks long French learning course from Carnegie Mellon University. The course is media-rich and interactive that covers family, future, the body, vacations, change, and more.
- Basic French Language Skills For Everyday Life – A beginner course focuses on basic French. You will learn conversational French that will help you deal with everyday situations.
- Improving Your French Language Skills – A course on French vocabulary and grammar to improve your French language skills. Ideal for those who have had some exposure to the French language.
- French Language Studies – Holidays, At Home and The Media – A course of learning French who wants to learn to speak basic French. You will learn to talk about national holidays, describe what you look at on television and the internet.
- Mastering French Grammar and Vocabulary – Learn more French grammar and vocabulary that will further increase your understanding of the French language.
- Diploma in French Language Studies – The course is designed for those who want to learn basic French. You will learn French for introducing yourself, greeting people, and talking about your job or studies.
- French Language Studies – Introduction – A beginner course for learning French. You will learn basics of conversation covering hello and goodbye, time and days, and introductions.
- French Language Studies – Dining Out, and Describing People and Places – A course for learning French focusing on basics of conversation covering ordering food, describing places, and meeting people.
- On-Ramp to AP* French Language and Culture – A three weeks long course that will boost your confidence before starting your AP French Language exam.
- 3 Minute French – Free taster course – Learn French with an experienced French language teacher. This course will help you to build a solid foundation in the French language.
- Improve your French Now – This course contains a series of videos and audios for learning French on different topics that will improve your French.
- Improve your French fluency and comprehension with stories – Reading stories is an effective way of learning French. This course will help you to improve your listening, speaking, and understanding level by simply reading stories.
- Learn to Speak: Conversational French – Full Course ($95) – A course of learning French with a native French speaker. The course includes videos, supplemental Resources, lifetime access, and Certificate of Completion.
- An Intro to Learn French Through Stories & Conversation ($100) – A course of learning French through the story, “The Gingerbread Man.” Learn simple conversations in French and express basic desires, needs, and wants in French.
- Conversational French Made Easy ($145) – Learning French with an intuitive and fast learning method that will have you speaking French from day one
- French Tenses Simplified: Master the 10 Main Tenses Quickly! ($95) – Master French tenses quickly with this comprehensive course! Learn 10 most important tenses in the fastest and most efficient way.
- Learn French Naturally For Children and the Young At Heart 2 ($100) – A fun way of learning French through stories and conversation. You’ll be able to understand and use basic French.
- Practice and Perfect your French – Intermediate Level (HD) ($45) – A course of learning French with experienced & certified French teacher. Learn how to choose the right tense for the right situation.
- Learn French For Business & Leisure ($20) – This course contains short and interactive video lessons for learning French. Learn basic French on a business and personal level.
- Take your French to the next level with Spoken French ($45) – Improve your French drastically through learning spoken French. Learn to make contractions and speak faster.
- Learn French Naturally For Children and the Young at Heart 1 ($150) – A course of learning French through stories and conversation. Have fun learning how to understand and use basic high-frequency French.
- French for Beginners : Level 1 ($25) – A course of learning French with Julie—a charming native French teacher. The course focuses on conversation and practical French.
Learning French? Please leave a comment below and let us know which lessons you use for learning French? There are many effective and high quality French learning lessons are available for learning French. I’ve just tried here to feature some places for learning French at no cost. Please let me know what I’ve missed.
Photo by: Unsplash