Have you ever thought to expand your knowledge by taking some free online courses? Here are the best places offering amazing quality of free online courses.
Online Education is now one of the most popular alternatives of higher education. There are millions of students all over the world who are currently enrolled in online education. And the numbers of students are continually increasing. In this competitive job market, employers expect more skills from their employees. So the demand of online education has increased in popularity.
Many of the world’s top universities are now offering MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) to anyone in the world with access to the Internet. I have made a list of some amazing websites that are actually MOOC providers, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities. You will get an excellent learning experience through these websites.
Free Online Courses: The Best Interactive Websites
1. Coursera is a largest course platform for high-quality free online courses in a wide range of topics. Currently Coursera has over 5 million students and nearer to 2000 courses from 142 partner universities and institutions. Partners include the University of Toronto, Columbia University, University of California, University of London, and many more. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
2. Edx is founded by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It’s an innovative online learning platform and a leading MOOC provider. Edx offers high-quality free online courses from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Microsoft, UC Berkeley, and more. At Edx, students who receive a passing grade for a course will receive a certificate from the university and signed by the instructor. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
3. Udemy is an innovative online learning marketplace offering thousands of high-quality online courses in a wide range of topics. The courses are from programming to yoga to photography, and much more. Currently Udemy has over 11 million students and more than 40,000 courses by expert instructors. The courses provided by Udemy are available on-demand, students can learn at their own pace and time. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
4. Udacity offers courses and nanodegrees built in partnership with industry giants— Google, AT&T, Facebook, etc. Their message is—Be In Demand. As per their message, Udacity teaches the skills that industry employers need today. At Udacity, students can acquire real skills through a series of online courses. Their Nanodegree programs set the standard for industry-recognized credentials. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
5. ALISON is a global social enterprise that provides free certified education and workplace training skills. ALISON offers high-quality free online diploma and certificate courses in a wide range of categories. Currently ALISON has over 750 free online diploma and certificate courses with 7 million learners from 250 countries. ALISON offers both free online learning and certification. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
6. Saylor is a fully online nonprofit academy for open learning. Saylor provides free and high-quality online courses in 18 popular disciplines. The courses are self-paced, so student can start their learning when they want and at their own pace. At Saylor, students can earn their course certificates to show off their skills. Learning at Saylor is easy, just start at the beginning and go on at your own pace and time. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
Courses on Saylor in their some popular categories:
7. Open2Study is a MOOC platform built and managed by Open Universities Australia (OUA). Open2Studey provides high-quality free online courses. They also provide accredited courses from leading Australian universities online. The courses provided by Open2Study are from Macquarie University, Flinders University, Jamescook University, Griffith University, and more their partner universities and institutes. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
8. NovoEd is a MOOC platform offering engaging and effective online courses with their social learning platform. The courses provided by NovoEd are mostly focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation. The courses are from best professors of top universities. At NovoEd, students can learn with other students all around the world on course assignments and projects. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
9. FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of free online courses from world’s leading universities and institutions. FutureLearn has 87 partners from around the world, such as Queensland University, University College London, University of Wollongong Australia, British Council, and British Library. After finishing a course, students can get the opportunity to purchase a Completion Certificate. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
10. iVersity is a digital learning platform that provides engaging and interactive courses from universities all over the Europe. iVersity works with Europe’s leading universities and institutions to take their courses to the learners, no matter where they are. As a young team, they don’t have courses in a wide range of topics, but it’s growing very fast. You can find out more about their upcoming courses here.
The above places are very popular for offering high-quality courses for people to learn free online. These courses will help you learn new skills that will make you a more well-rounded person and will give your career a boost. Whether you want to learn a new language, computer science, management, engineering, biology, marketing, or electronics, you will find the perfect one for you from these high-quality free online courses. Happy learning!