Learning French is easy with theses free online French courses and interactive lessons. Find the best courses or lessons that can be fit with your level. We’ve made a list of resources that will help you to find a very good start of learning French. The list includes online courses, class lectures and high-quality audio-video lessons. Most of the resources are completely free, while some of them have a paid service. Hope you will find these resources perfect for getting started with French.
Learning French with Free Online Courses
Taking an online French language course is one of the most effective ways of learning French. Start learning French with theses online courses that can be perfect for you. While some courses are paid, many of them are free of charge. You can visit our complete collection of Free Language Courses to learn more languages.
- French Learning Objects – An open courseware from University of Cambridge Language Centre. The objects are independent French learning resources you can use either as part of a course or for self study.
- Elementary French I – A 15 weeks long French learning course from Carnegie Mellon University. The course is media-rich and interactive that covers introductions, activities, family, home, restaurants and more.
- Elementary French II – Another 15 weeks long French learning course from Carnegie Mellon University. The course is media-rich and interactive that covers family, future, the body, vacations, change, and more.
Learning a new language is a valuable skill. It goes without saying that learning a new language will make you smarter and open up a world of job opportunity for you. It can boost your brain amazingly, no matter how old you are. Many learners struggle to merely pick up a new language for lacking of effective way. While there are many paths to picking up a new language, here are ten effective tips from multilingual experts I’ve found on the web to become fluent in a new language. As a language learner I found these tips very effective for me. That’s why I want to share these tips to the language learners who want to learn a new language with an easy way.
“Learning another language is like becoming another person.”
— Haruki Murakami
1. Set Specific, Realistic Goals – We all know that goals should be specific, and this saying is far more relevant to learn a new language. At the first stage of learning a new language, “speak fluently” as a goal, is too broad and is not necessarily the best idea. You have to narrow it down and make it more specific. Language learning should be broken down into manageable goals that are possible to attain within a few months. For example, set yourself a target of being able to say the 100 most common phrases for travelers, or to be able to exchange basic greetings or small talk. When you will be able to achieve this specific goal, set a new goal and learn step by step toward your big goal “speak fluently”.
2. Choose a language topic that’s relevant to you – One thing you need to keep in mind—recognizing exactly why you are going to learn a language is really important. You can write down the reasons you are learning a language and keep it in front of you or the file that you are using. Then focus on language content that’s related to your interests. For example, you want to learn Spanish so that you can communicate with your business partners in Spain. Then focus on learning words and phrases in Spanish that are related to your business.
Learn English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL) with easy and effective way. This provides effective English lessons, including tips to improve speaking English, audio-video lessons, extensive grammar explanations, vocabulary practice lessons, English test, lessons for listening skills, English speaking tutorial and much more. The lessons are designed to work on mobiles, tablets and desktop computers- so wherever you are, enjoy learning English.
Websites for Free English Lessons
Breaking News English provides English lessons based on the latest braking news. The lessons are organized in 7 levels, from elementary to advanced. New lessons uploaded every 2 days and available downloadable PDF format. 30+ online quizzes for each English lessons lessons. Listening files in British and American English can be downloaded in mp3 format.
English Central provides thousands of the most engaging videos on the web presented with text transcriptions and word definitions. The English Lessons are covered with academic, business, career, media, social, and travel English for beginner, intermediate and advanced level learners. There is a video based vocabulary training tool which is effective way to improve vocabulary.
Through the story of Rebecca Casey, a 28-year-old Boston working woman, Connect With English touches on life’s important issues such as love, dream, loss, success, leaving home, and work. Connect With English provides 50 fifteen-minute video instructional series that will teach English as a second language for college students, high school students and adult learners. This produced by WGBH Boston.
The internet has a lot to offer and it’s resources are endless. So free education online is not a hard thing these days. You can learn just about anything online for free. There are millions of learning resources are stored on the web for your learning. But the most important thing you need to do is find the right thing in the right place. Fortunately, there are plenty of reputable places where you can educate yourself for free.
In this article, I have compiled 25 reputable places that can be ideal for you to educate yourself online for free. If you’re interested to learn something new, this article is for you. Whether you want to learn history or coding, you will enjoy learning with these 25 high quality sites.
Free Education Online: 25 Places To Educate Yourself
University of London Podcasts is another great source for free learning resources. The resources are from the institutes and colleges under the University of London. The colleges and institutes produce podcasts and video content that you can download free of charge. This gives learners a wide range of topics and lectures.
Harvard Extension School Provides free online education courses from Harvard University only. This is an excellent source for top-quality course materials. Harvard Extension School is offering several top notch courses. The courses are both free and for-credit at reasonable tuition fees. You can also access to Harvard’s online learning content both free and fee-based options.
The University of California-Berkeley provides online video and audio for learners around the globe through their site webcast.berkeley. You can use these OpenCourseWare recordings for free of charge. Their podcasted courses and lectures are released throughout the semester.
Expertise on social media and internet marketing is now an essential 21st century skill. The demand for people with social media skills has become a worldwide trend. If you are interested on how to use social media effectively or building a career in social media marketing, these courses will be perfect for you. Here are 12 most effective free online courses on social media and internet marketing you can sign up today.
12 Free Courses on Social Media and Internet Marketing
1. Diploma in Social Media Marketing
The course topics include the concepts of social media marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, using social media tools, blogging and podcasting. In this course you will also learn different methods that can help increase website traffic. The course provided by ALISON.
2. Social Media Courses on GFC Learn Free
This is a well-structured course on popular topics in social media. This course is especially for beginners who need to know how to better use the social media including related technologies. The course topics include all popular social media, blog basics, networking basics, information savvy and many more.
3. Social Media Quickstarter
This course provided by Constant Contact will show you how you can combine email marketing and social media to be success in your business. The course topics include social media, blogging, email and social media marketing, and many more.
4. Social Media 101
This is a week-long email class provided by Buffer. In this course you will learn the basics of social media and online marketing. The course topics include how to better use the social media including online marketing analytics. You will also get a free social media marketing kit.
5. CloudBluePrint E-Mail Marketing Course
This is a course from Glen Allsopp, a top blogger, in which you will learn how to build and monetize your audience with email marketing. In this course you will also learn email marketing, how to increase website traffic, generating income, and many more.